Staying motivated on the road is easy with a little planning and determination to maintain your health goals when you are away from home. Here are my five concrete ways to stay motivated!
- Write down specific, realistic and flexible goals that you can focus on while you are traveling. Knowing ahead of time what you want to achieve can keep you motivated in reaching your goals. For example, if you use running for your cardio, plan for a realistic number of miles, based on your schedule, that you want to log in the city you’re traveling to. Be your own tour guide, lace up and take the scenic route.
- Using visualization will help you to picture yourself successfully completing your goal. This can be a huge key for getting things done. If my goal is to try out a new fitness studio in the area, I like to envision what it might be like to experience this class. This will start to put your mind in a position to take the necessary steps to get you there.
- Meditate first thing in the morning. This will help you to remain positive throughout the day. Depending on where you are in your meditation practice, carve out the appropriate amount of time to get to into a meditative state. Choose a space where you feel most relaxed to do this. Meditate right in your bed or maybe even on the floor of your hotel room.
- Put the workout in your calendar or bookmark it with Peloton. If you’re staying with Westin, clip into a Peloton bike to keep yourself accountable. Bookmark your workouts and aim for a realistic number to conquer during your stay. Maintain a schedule and it will give you the necessary energy to stay motivated. If you workout regularly 5-6 times a week but know you may only be able to fit in 3 workouts while you’re away, bookmark the top 3 classes you want to plan on taking. If you find you have time to add in a fourth class, even better!
- Make sure you’re getting enough rest. Sleep is a huge factor in staying motivated and can be something that plays a role in your attitude and energy levels while achieving your goals wherever you are. If you’re staying in a Peloton Westin Workout room, the incredibly comfortable Heavenly Bed is steps away from your Peloton bike – so no excuses here!